Our goal is to help the local church become a safer place. If we can assist your church in this endeavor, please reach out to the State Board through our contact page. If you are just starting or looking to improve your church policies, we’d recommend referencing our Best Practices page, the complete Abuse Prevention and Response Guide or the bottom of the resource page for helpful elements in strengthening or beginning your church policies.
If you have been made aware of an abuse claim, visit our reporting page on how and if you must report.
Suggestions to Consider
- Check with your local Baptist association for any additional resources or guidance.
- Contact the State Board of Missions office to assist with the process.
- Be sure to follow the State Board of Missions on our various social media platforms and emails and occasionally check the events page at this website for upcoming trainings or helpful events for continuing education.
- If you aren’t already, be sure to thoroughly vet potential pastors, staff members and volunteers criminally, financially, and educationally.
- Consider resource providers like MinistrySafe to assist in trainings and background checks for your ministry.
- If you are aware of survivors in your church or need to assist new survivors concerning an incidence in your church visit our Survivor Advocacy page or Supplement 09 to assist with care.